A valuable Federally-focused territory sales plan allows you to see opportunities for growth at a quick glance. To do this, your plan should include:
1. A detailed listing of ALL Federal Government agencies and offices you could potentially sell into
2. Contact information pertaining to the Federal customer
3. Associated Federal reseller and contract vehicles used for purchasing
4. A color-coded system to distinguish between office/agencies that are current/pipeline customers and those that have not been prospected yet
5. Documentation of ALL opportunities past, present, and future not just the ones you, as an individual sales rep, actively prospected or sold
You can add this data into our Territory Planning Tool to better visualize your total addressable market!
One of the biggest downfalls of a Federal sales rep is a lack of understanding regarding their total addressable market (TAM) and whitespace. Your TAM and whitespace provide a roadmap on where you need to spend your time to effectively build a revenue pipeline to achieve your annual quota.
A Territory Sales Plan Template is a tool that allows you to quickly visualize your Total Addressable Market and understand where to focus your efforts to grow your pipeline. When maintained properly, this tool provides a detailed look at where your organization stands today in its capture of the Federal market.